Social Media Crisis Communication Training
As big brands are quick to discover these days, deploying old-school PR methods to defuse a crisis is no longer acceptable corporate comms practice in an age where damaging “news” can break from a Twitter feed, blog post or YouTube clip. While these social tools that can sink the reputation of a slow-footed organisation, they can be used to great effect by the social-savvy company to manage its communications swiftly, openly and with greater impact for all your stakeholders in a time of crisis.
Through a series of best- and worst-practice examples and interactive role-playing exercises, we’ll teach you how to effectively handle a social media crisis and to use social media to help manage and lead crisis communication. This workshop takes traditional media “crisis” training ” to the next level and draws from the lessons of SMI’s book: #FAIL, The 50 Greatest Social Media Screw-Ups.
You will learn the latest social media tactics, tools and tips to defuse a crisis and better manage your corporate reputation. The course is taught by Bernhard Warner and Matthew Yeomans, veteran business journalists and social media consultants who have a rich experience in this field. They have advised some of the world’s largest financial services companies on social media risk management around rights issues and investments.
By the end of the day, you will have learned:
- The 4 P’s: How to put together an effective corporate strategy to manage the “social” crisis.
- What to avoid: we’ll take you through case studies showing you where poor judgement and execution turned a PR headache into a full-blown e-reputation nightmare.
- How to update your organisation’s crisis response strategy and communicate it internally to your team.
- Which tools, techniques and technologies can help you manage your reputation.
- How to lead with your message and not be blind-sided by the Twitter tempest.
- Tips on how to manage your agency that speaks on your behalf on your social media channels.
- How to “socialise” the boss so that his response can be heard above the clamour.
Is your crisis communications plan updated for the Twitter era? Download our free Social Media Crisis Response Plan.
What you get out of it
We provide fresh insight into how your company can update its crisis communications strategy for the Web 2.0 era, plus we deliver a comprehensive understanding of how these evolving technologies are forever changing corporate communications practice. This is a practical, results-oriented workshop delivered by veteran media trainers and social media experts with a deep background in e-reputation and crisis management for FTSE 100-sized firms.
What delegates have said about the workshop
I was really impressed by the quality of both trainers that were able to share their experience from “live examples.” I really appreciated the “4 Ps” theory and the “Decision Tree” that fit a variety of communications and form great material to train our mediators. Great workshop! - Jean-Manuel Henderson Varlin, Contact Centre Manager, Eurostar
This training session was breath of fresh air. Concise, insightful, and thought-provoking, Neil and Bernhard’s approach combined fresh perspectives with authoritative knowledge and greatly helped me get to grips with this rapidly-evolving field. – Dan Selinger, Group Communications Executive, Oxford University Press