Facebook Timeline turning browsers into buyers: Infographic
The visually rich Facebook Timeline has only been around a few months, but it’s already picking up big converts from social-savvy brands who want to invest in deeper engagement. A new infographic from Israel’s Storeya also shows it’s delivering promising ROI for retailers too.
A few weeks ago, we reported on an interesting study that showed marketers were seeing soaring engagement – as high as 176% since the start of the year – thanks to the new pic-friendly Facebook Timeline.
According to Storya, a specialist in F-commerce solutions, now points out that its retail partners are scoring an average conversion rate of 20% and an ROI of 400% on their Facebook sponsored ad campaigns. It attributes the boost to an image-rich display, enhanced direct messaging with fans and pin-friendly story posting. Here’s what they have to say in more detail:
Facebook Timeline helps them to further increase those numbers by providing them with the following features:
• Increased width of 810px (instead of 520px).
• Bigger thumbnail with room for an emphasized call-to-action
• Direct messaging with the clients
• A large cover image
• Pinned posts on the top part of the timeline that can be used to announce the store and its promotions.
• Want & Own buttons displayed on the users’ timeline action spot – above any other activity – creates the perfect wishlist.
• Sponsored stories increasing the exposure of the Want & Own actions to more users
Here’s the infographic they produced to explain this in more detail:
Editor’s Note: Join us on June 12 at Social Media Influence 2012 for an in-depth discussion into the future of social commerce. We’ll be joined by an impressive lineup of speakers who have made a highly successful transition to social retail.